[LLVMdev] External function 'pthread_once' could not be resolved

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:52:42 PDT 2005

Hi LLVM'ers,

I'm trying to build the DotGNU project with the LLVM-tools.

After minor modifications of source and build code and some configure
housekeeping, it seems that I've managed so far to build all the DotGNU
tools. However, when extensively using the DotGNU tools I get this error
message:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hb/projects/build/LLVM/pnet-1-1/samples'
../ilasm/ilasm -o evenodd.exe
/home/hb/projects/src/pnet-1/pnet-0.7.0/samples/evenodd.il
ERROR: Program used external function 'pthread_once' which could not be
resolved!
lli(_ZN85_GLOBAL__N__home_hb_projects_src_llvm_1_llvm_lib_System_Signals.cpp_17E02520_F7D322F615PrintStackTraceEv+0x1f)[0x835c40f]
/lib/tls/libc.so.6(abort+0x1d2)[0x201302]
lli[0x8116dbb]
make[1]: *** [evenodd.exe] Aborted

The 'pthread_once' is located in the native library binary file:
/usr/lib/libpthread.a. I've also included the path to the library in
LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH environment variable.

When LLVM tool gccld is linking above program, it doesn't complain that it
cannot find the function or library.

Any ideas?

Henrik Bach
LLVM Open Source Developer

e-mail: henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
'Nothing is impossible; The impossible just takes longer time :)'
- Inventor of a new energy saver light bulp from Denmark.

No software patents - Thank you Parliment of EU
Got Freedom?
Software Freedom Day - 10th of september
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/