[LLVMdev] misc unused symbols: '_write' and '_abort'

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Wed Jul 6 08:01:26 PDT 2005

I am working on the MASM backend.

I do not know what to do about '_write' and '_abort'. They seem to be added to a modules functions as externals even when they are not being used.

They cannot just be remove just in case they are being used. What are they there for ?

The only options I have are to scan the whole module for uses of them, or to provide library implementations for them. OR to work out where they are being added in the first place and remove them if they are not being used.

Any help/guidance would be helpful,

Aaron