[LLVMdev] llc -load

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 27 19:58:11 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:53:35AM +0800, s88 wrote:
> I'm trying hard to load my backend. But I got problems.
> I took the target SparcV8 for lab.
>
> 1. mark all of the code in the bool
> SparcV8TargetMachine::addPassesToEmitAssembly(PassManager &PM,
>                                               std::ostream &Out)
> and make it return false.

It already returns false, what exactly did you do?

> 2. generate the LLVMSparcV8.so in the /usr/local/lib
> 3. run llc -load=/usr/local/lib/LLVMSparcV8.so -march=sparcv8 test.bc
> -o test.s
>
> Guess what? I got the assembly code of the test.bc....
> why....why....why?????
> What's wrong with my steps????

That's the correct behavior (you didn't change anything), and I don't
understand what you mean -- there's nothing wrong.

Does _YOUR_ addPassesToEmitAssembly() return false?  Because that's
what it shold be doing.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu