[LLVMdev] Identical types with distinct names

Ben Payne bpayne at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:10:23 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm writing a frontend and I'd like to be able to provide
names to struct types that mirror the names of the classes in
the source language.  Unfortunately, some of these generated
structs are sometimes identical for distinct classes, and so
LLVM forces them to have the same type and same name.

This makes debugging kind of confusing.  Is there some way to
get the behavior I want without having to add bogus extra
components to my structs to distinguish them?

Thanks,
Ben