[LLVMdev] making cygwin nightly builds available?

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Sat Jan 22 01:05:10 PST 2005

Hello, Jeff.

You wrote Saturday, January 22, 2005, 3:57:28 AM:

JC> Reid, the binary/text mode is a valid issue.
This set of flags worked for me:
std::ios_base::out | std::ios_base::trunc | std::ios_base::binary
Yes, there are open issues with std::ios_base::binary, but llvm are
not affected with them now.

JC> I have successfully used a bytecode file on Windows that was created
JC> on Unix, but I must have been lucky.
Yes, it is so, but if you try to write any file on Windows, or, even
more, just try to read library file, you'll get an invalid result.
(Library file will fail, because its header is defined as

--
With best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:asl at math.spbu.ru

Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:00:27 PM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University