[LLVMdev] making cygwin nightly builds available?

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Fri Jan 21 14:27:51 PST 2005

Hello, Reid.

You wrote Friday, January 21, 2005, 11:14:41 PM:

RS> FYI, work progresses on the Win32 native port which you might also find
RS> interesting. It might even get done before the cygwin stuff. Jeff Cohen
RS> is working on that. Perhaps he can indicate the status of that effort.
There is too much work to do native Win32 builds.
I've tried to get llvm compiled on mingw32 using the latest snapshot
of gcc from cvs + some mingw specific patches.
A (very brief) list of suggested patches:

1. Fix file open mode everywhere! Some llvm tools open files for binary
output as text files(!). This leads to corrupted files almost everywhere.
(BytecodeWriter, Archive, Linker, ...)
2. Fix CRLF issues, where possible (Archive, etc)
3. Need complete Win32/Path.cpp rewrote to handle all types of paths
:(
4. Change __MINGW define to __MINGW32__, which is official now
5. Cfrontend build is little bit tricky, but I have it compiled. The
main problems are due to several bugs in mingw's sh.exe
implementation, which stops building libstdc++ and many others.
Solution: add correct include path to configure script, fix makefile
(gcc throws error, if get -I without any path), fix several config
bugs (rand48, some in libstdc++).
6. Add stubs for functions in the debugger support library (fork,
waitpid, etc.). I have implementation for some of that functions, but
not for all.
7. Add -lpsapi -limagehlp to ExtraLibs to all tools' makefiles.
\infty [Some dummy things, I've forgotten]

As result: mingw port seems don't work now, but can in the nearest
future.

I have patches for some problems I've listed, but I need to sync them
with the latest cvs snapshot. I'll send them, when I will be less
busy.

PS: I've successfully build llvm on cygwin with gcc-3.4.4 without any big problems,
maybe only just dummy fixes.

--
With best regards,
 Anton                          mailto:asl at math.spbu.ru

Saturday, January 22, 2005 1:11:19 AM

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint-Petersburg State University