[LLVMdev] Very Experimental LLVM Debian packages for i386

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 18 15:18:29 PST 2005

I'm not a Debian user, so I can't help by testing, but I do have some
comments...

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:59:07PM -0700, Al Stone wrote:
[snip]
> If you want to install the packages one at a time, do the
> following, in this order:
>
>    apt-get install llvm-libs
>    apt-get install llvm-cfe
>    apt-get install llvm
>    apt-get install llvm-doc
[snip

I don't know if `llvm' depends on `llvm-cfe', but it would be
preferrable that it doesn't.  Not everyone needs to install the (large)
CFE, especially many people who want to play with LLVM using other
front-ends (or are writing one for themselves).

> And I definitely need to get the optimized build working to cut down
> on the size...

We provide a service whereby we accept failed build logs and offer
commentary and/or advice in return. :)

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu