[LLVMdev] getting all def-uses

Vikram Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 17 01:21:56 PST 2005

>> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Sriraman Tallam wrote:
>>
>>> 	I want to get all the d-u pairs exercised at run-time. I am doing
>>> two things for this. I am useing the d-u iterator to instrument all
>>> uses.
>>> I also want to get an address trace. What are the instructions I
>>> should
>>> insttrument. Is load and store sufficient.

vaarg accesses memory too.

Note also that the back end code generators can generate other memory
accesses and those won't be visible at the LLVM level.  These include
spill code, argument passing through the stack, any code generated
internally for intrinsics or for exceptions on unwind, and of course
any native run-time libraries like malloc/free.

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/