[LLVMdev] getting all def-uses

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Jan 16 16:04:51 PST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Sriraman Tallam wrote:

> 	I want to get all the d-u pairs exercised at run-time. I am doing
> two things for this. I am useing the d-u iterator to instrument all uses.
> I also want to get an address trace. What are the instructions I should
> insttrument. Is load and store sufficient. Also, how do I go abt doing
> this ?

Hi Sriraman,

If you are looking for accessed memory locations, instrumenting loads and
stores should be sufficient.  To do this, just walk to program (e.g. all
BB's in a function, all instructions in a BB) and for each load and store
instruction insert trace code.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if I misunderstood the issue,

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/