[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.4 Build Error

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 01:12:20 PST 2005

The HAVE_MMAP_FILE macro comes from when you configured llvm. The configure
tested if your system is giving access to a various resources required by
llvm. LLVM needs the MMAP functionality by your system. Some times, if the
required resources aren't present, we use other resources.

However, in this case the building process is stopped, because the
functionality can't be implemented by other means.

I really can't tell if RedHat 9.0 has MMAP present, but it makes me wonder.

What does your config.log tell you about MMAP? Please snip the relevant
parts.

Henrik.

P.S. Can't your email system use ascii instead? I'm not able to import your
question automatically into my system on reply.

----Original Message Follows----

I checked the source code and find this is caused by the undefined
"HAVE_MMAP_FILE" macro. But I don't know what this macro is used for? How to
sovle it?
thanks.