[LLVMdev] Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 09:42:19 PST 2005

Hi,

John Chriswell wrote:
>You might want to google for AC_NO_EXECUTABLES.  It's an autoconf test that
>generates the >behavior you describe.  Apparently the GCC folks wrote a new
>version of the macro due to the >above behavior.

As suggested, I googled and found this interesting answer for above error
and behavior:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org/msg89727.html

I've been investigating why gcc_no_link was true for a while. And found that
it was the ld version of llvm - gccld - which caused the error and behavior.

gccld and other llvm tools have a bug originated from Win32/Path.cpp, in my
case, on the MinGW platform. I'll leave this discussion in another thread.

Henrik.