[LLVMdev] Version Control Upgrade?

Duraid Madina duraid at octopus.com.au
Sun Jan 9 21:10:51 PST 2005

Misha Brukman wrote:
> OK, so let's say they exercise their right to "not renew a license",
> what's our fall-back?

Good question.

> If the repository is a binary proprietary format,
> (which I'm not sure if it is, please correct me if I'm wrong),

It's BerkeleyDB, so the database format is already a little standard,
but you'll never have to worry about things at _that_ level because:

> how do we

If your license expires, Perforce doesn't fail, it just reverts to demo
mode. All but two users will be able to login and do stuff, and
(perhaps) most of the database will become read-only, but you'll always
be able to read everything out of the database. You can rest assured
Larry McV doesn't work at Perforce: there's no hostage-taking going on here.

	Duraid