[LLVMdev] Problem in compilation (native option)

Tanu Sharma tanusharma_04 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 15:12:21 PST 2005

Thanks for replying .

I came across another problem while trying it.
The following compilation is not working: ( with the native option)

llvmgcc x.c -o a.out -Wl,-native

I get this error:

 gccld: a.out.s: Can't destroy file: ut.s

How can I fix that ?

Thanks
Tanu

Andrew Lenharth <alenhar2 at cs.uiuc.edu> wrote:
On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 22:34 -0600, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Tanu Sharma wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply :-)
> > I am actually looking for ways to determine "size" of code segment when the program is in native code.
> > Any suggestions to do that ?
>
> Compile it with llvm to a native .o or .exe file, then run 'size' on it?
>
> E.g.:
>
> llvm-gcc x.c -o a.out -Wl,-native
> size ./a.out

objdump -h a.out

and add the size columns for all sections marked with "CODE"?

Andrew Lenharth