[LLVMdev] Patch to make gccld link native .so's, -rpath, -soname, and various assorted fixes

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 16:42:34 PST 2005

Hello,

I have a patch that:

1. Allows gccld to link shared libraries natively..
2. Passes along -rpath and -soname to the native linker...
3. Fixes a bug where the bytecode files were kept around after native
linking...
4. Removes a now unnecessary warning for native linking...

The result is that we are >' '< close to having Qt4 both compile *and* link
with the LLVM toolchain.

The small remaining hurdle has to do with undefined references that worked
around inline assembly in Qt4 as well as a problem with generics in
QTextCodecPlugin.

I've attached the Linker patch as well as the output of the linker (the
undefined references) when linking uic to QtCore and QtXml.

Adam Treat