[LLVMdev] Data Dependence Graph

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Fri Aug 12 11:59:39 PDT 2005

> Is it possible to generate a data dependence graph of llvm assembly file?
> How can I get the data flow information in X.ll file? Also, in .ll file I
> see everyline ends with something like this:
> <type> [#uses=3]
> What is the significance of this and is it used anyway by the compiler for
> data dependence analysis.

There is no general framework at the moment. I wrote some basic data
dependence analysis stuff for my research with software pipelining, but
unfortunately its somewhat Sparc specific at the moment. You can take a
look at:

lib/Target/SparcV9/ModuloScheduling/MSchedGraph.h
lib/Target/SparcV9/ModuloScheduling/MSchedGraph.cpp
lib/Target/SparcV9/ModuloScheduling/DependenceAnalyzer.cpp
lib/Target/SparcV9/ModuloScheduling/DependenceAnalyzer.h

Eventually it should be target independent, but some additional pieces to
the puzzle need to fall in place first.

-Tanya