[LLVMdev] about AnalysisUsage

Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe sameerds at it.iitb.ac.in
Sat Apr 30 01:14:43 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 10:32:18PM -0500, Chris Lattner wrote:

> We could definitely expose the pass class itself, but there are no
> implementation details or any other state that is useful.

Yeah ... this, and Transforms/Scalar.h answer my original original
question about why a lot of passes are present as a single CPP. The
whole LLVM code generally abhors including class definitions through
header files unless absolutely necessary. It's taking me a little
effort to get used to that, but it should turn out to be a Good
Thing(tm) after all. But the problem is that the presence and the
significance of Scalar.h was not immediately obvious!

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~sameerds/