[LLVMdev] Floating point instructions patch

Morten Ofstad morten at hue.no
Thu Apr 28 07:35:08 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have been gone for a while, finishing work on my Master's thesis... Now that I'm back I updated LLVM to the most
recent version and found that my FP_ABS SelectionDAGNode type and code generation was now conflicting with the new FABS
node type. I brought the rest of my local modifications in line with the FABS implementation, so here is my patch that
includes sqrt, sin and cos also. The only thing missing is expansion to lib calls for these node types for targets that
don't support them... I'm sure someone who understands the LLVM internals a bit better than me can add that in no time ;)

I also noticed that the DoesntAccessMemoryTable in BasicAliasAnalysis.cpp includes "sinh", "cosh" and friends -- as far
as I know, these can actually set errno so they should not be in the table...

Here is the patch, hope to see it applied soon!

m.