[LLVMdev] Compilation without optimization

Tanu Sharma tanusharma_04 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 13:57:39 PDT 2005

Thanks !!

But if i generate a .bc file like this and then run my pass over it like this :

opt -load /home/llvm-cvs/llvm/Debug/lib/LLVMHello.so -hello <helloprog.bc> class_prog.bc

Will the new .bc file (class_prog.bc) be also without optimizations ?opt also does some optimizations.Can I control them ?

Thanks
Tanu

Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Tanu Sharma wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I wish to compile without optimizations ( the option being turned off )
> but still generate bytecode file.
>
> Options -S , -c removes optimizations but I also need .bc file to
> experiment and use further.

Passing "-Wa,-disable-opt -Wl,-disable-opt" will disable *all* cleanup and
optimizations done at the llvm level, leaving you with the truly horrible
code that you desire :).

-Chris

-Chris

--