[LLVMdev] trig language-like code generator generator

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 24 09:32:25 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 07:15:03PM +0800, Tzu-Chien Chiu wrote:
> i'd like to know if there is any plan or existing work to add a Aho's
> trig language like code generator generator?

I'm not aware of either the trig language code generator nor any work to
implement it in LLVM.

> "...If you are starting a new port, we recommend that you write the
> instruction selector using the SelectionDAG infrastructure."
>
> any other things i should know before i write one?

You should read these:

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/TableGenFundamentals.html

If you're unsure of how things are implemented, take a look at how
similar things are done in X86, PowerPC, Alpha or IA64, they all have
SelectionDAG-based instruction selectors (*ISelPattern.cpp).  If that
doesn't clear things up, ask on the list or IRC channel.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu