[LLVMdev] Optional Target Builds

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Apr 22 09:13:11 PDT 2005

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Reid Spencer wrote:
>> If that's what you meant, it sounds good to me... but I reckon
>> Reid gets to have a say, too :).
>

> Yeah, that's pretty much exactly it, with one exception. I was planning
> to *always* build the CBackend and Skeleton targets. Both are pretty
> fast to build and it gives LLVM *some* kind of target to fall back on.
> Given that, we might also want to have an option for "none" so that no
> processor targets are built, just the CBackend and Skeleton.
>
> Thoughts?

Cosmetically, I like "host-only" instead of "host".  I think that the
skeleton target should not be special: it should be treated just like X86
or any other target (i.e. it is disabled when host-only is used).  I agree
that cbe should always be enabled.

w.r.t. dejagnu tests, don't worry about it.  This is just a matter of
enhancing the dj framework to be a bit smarter.  We can do this as a
second step.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/