[LLVMdev] LLVM build error (sparc gcc 3.2.2)

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:55:21 PDT 2004

I should clarify my answer a bit.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 05:51:16PM -0500, Misha Brukman wrote:
> The backend is designed for SparcV9 and uses inline assembly, some of
> which may be V9-only.  Your error indicates that your GCC was
> configured for SparcV8 instead.

The file you are trying to compile is part of the JIT, which is
V9-specific.  The #ifdefs test for "sparc" or "sparcv9" to be defined,
that should certainly be fixed to only be true when compiled with v9.

I will fix the #ifdefs and then V9 will build using a V8 compiler, but
you won't be able to use the JIT (LLC will still work though).

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu