[LLVMdev] struct and class under VC7.1

Paolo Invernizzi arathorn at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 23 07:37:28 PDT 2004

On Sep 23, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Jeff Cohen wrote:

> MSVC++ is picky about this.  It considers classes and structs to be
> different types so you have to be consistent.  If you forward declared
> struct as a class within the same compilation unit, it would complain
> about that too.  It's not just linking.

You are right...

BTW, I've just fixed that problem in my checkout and, among others
terrible hacks, here I am:

:\home\arathorn\sandbox\llvm>HowToUseJIT.exe
We just constructed this LLVM module:

implementation   ; Functions:

int %add1(int %AnArg) {
EntryBlock:
         %addresult = add int 1, %AnArg          ; <int> [#uses=1]
         ret int %addresult
}

int %foo() {
EntryBlock:
         %add1 = call int %add1( int 10 )                ; <int>
[#uses=1]
         ret int %add1
}

Running foo: Result: 11