[LLVMdev] To APR Or Not To APR. That is the question.

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Sep 16 21:28:26 PDT 2004

Agreed on all points. I've used ACE on a commercial product and its a behemoth.
Debugging as you suggested is a nightmare.

APR is focused on networking support (and it does a pretty good job there) but
that's to be expected since its principal use is in Apache HTTPD. For lots of
things that we need, APR just has no support which is why it won't get
implemented in lib/System for a while (until it can do things that we need it
to do).

And that's a "wrap".

Reid.