[LLVMdev] Files to lib/System/Win32

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Sep 15 23:22:12 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 22:13, Jeff Cohen wrote:
> I've only seen the article online.  I cannot find anything that
> explicitly grants permission, though my understanding is the same as
> yours.  So to be on the safe side, I'll rewrite it.  I pretty much have
> to do that anyway to make it conform to LLVM coding standards :)

Microsoft is quite strict and serious about its copyright, as should
everyone be (both open source and closed source). We should always err
on the side of caution in these matters. If the material to be added to
LLVM is copyrighted and there is no *explicit* license accompanying that
copyrighted material then we must assume there is *no* license. That's a
harsh stand, but these days I think its necessary. We don't want some
SCO-like bean counter 10 years from now saying "Hey, you stole our
code".

Reid