[LLVMdev] Files to lib/System/Win32

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 09:13:47 PDT 2004

>From: Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org>
>Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:43:34 -0700

>OK, I stand corrected:  mingw can be used to create honest-to-goodness
>Windows applications using Win32.  But you're still using it as a Unix
>emulator :)

OK, if POSIX.1 is unix emulation then we have that all *nix emulates all
*nix and that's fine with me :)

OK, I admit, my port to win32 wasn't a true win32 port. However, taken into
account that mingw supports both POSIX.1 and win32 and most of (if not all)
*nix supports POSIX.1, I took for granted, that this was a feasible way to
get something running on windows without cygwin.

I'm also happy, that you supplied true win32 implementations :) I'm excited
too see if these will compile on mingw.

Henrik