[LLVMdev] POST MORTEM: llvm-test changes

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Fri Sep 10 08:18:22 PDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:16:37 -0700
Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:52:10 -0700
> Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org> wrote:
>
> > > I haven't got around to this yet but I will.  The odds are good the
> > > problem is in a BSD system header file so I need to capture the
> > > preprocessed source.
> >
> > I guess not... the file 2004-01-01-UnknownInitSize.c does not include
> > anything else, so there is no preprocessed source to capture...
>
> After thinking about this some more, I doubt it has anything to do with
> FreeBSD--at least not directly.  It does indirectly in that I was forced
> to build my own front end binaries.  I used the tarball that was on the
> 1.3 download page.  I'm beginning to think that source was out of date.
> I don't know how else a regression test that was written to make sure a
> bug didn't reappear now shows it has reappeared--only for me--and it's
> hard to see what the flavor of Unix has to do with it.
>
> I'm going to pull the latest front end source from CVS and start over.

And not only do all the old failures still occur, I now get a new failure:

  Feature.mc.packed                             : FAIL    , expected PASS
    Native assembly file /usr/home/llvm/obj/test/tmp/feature-mc-packed.ll.s was not created; error output was: Assertion failed: (0 && "Invalid type to getClass!"), function getClass, file /usr/home/llvm/lib/Target/X86/X86ISelSimple.cpp, line 65.
Abort trap (core dumped)

I've filed a bug for the ICEs.