[LLVMdev] POST MORTEM: llvm-test changes

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Thu Sep 9 08:43:42 PDT 2004

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 14:02:26 -0700
Reid Spencer <reid at x10sys.com> wrote:
> > Assertion failed: ((FieldSizeTree != NULL_TREE) && "Struct/Union member of unknown length!"), function llvm_expand_constructor_elements, file ../../src/gcc/llvm-expand.c, line 3791.
> > /usr/home/llvm/obj/../test/Regression/CFrontend/2004-01-01-UnknownInitSize.c:11: internal compiler error: Abort trap
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>
> None of those are good. You shouldn't get ICE's from the llvm-gcc
> compiler. Not sure what's up with any of that, it doesn't happen on
> other platforms. Could you file bugs for these and make sure they are
> marked specific to your platform? (FreeBSD?). Thanks. I'm not the person
> to diagnose these, Chris will have to do it when he gets back.

I haven't got around to this yet but I will.  The odds are good the
problem is in a BSD system header file so I need to capture the
preprocessed source.

> > Now starting the llvm-test module...
>
> Good luck !
>
> Reid

I had the same failures I had before.  If they pass everywhere else then
I guess they are FreeBSD specific failures also.  Can't blame Pentium II
compatibility problems as I'm now running them on a Celeron.  I'll post
a detail description of the failures by this weekend.