[LLVMdev] POST MORTEM: llvm-test changes

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Sun Sep 5 12:31:43 PDT 2004

Actually, I'm talking about the shell that Perl invokes. When  you run
the NightlyTest.pl script, it uses Perl. The system() function in Perl
invokes the "standard" shell to execute the command provided as the
argument to system(). In NightlyTest.pl, I have changed the program to
check out both the regular llvm CVS module as well as the llvm-test
module. This command is what is giving your error. The command is:

(time -p ($NICE cvs $CVSOPT -d $CVSRootDir co -APR llvm; cd llvm/projects ; \
     $NICE cvs $CVSOPT -d $CVSRootDir co -APR llvm-test ) ) > $CVSLog 2>&1

When your shell interprets this, it is complaining about the second open
parenthesis. Bash 2.05b on Linux handles this fine. I was asking what
your "default" system shell is on FreeBSD. Probably /bin/sh, right?
Perhaps you can:

   SHELL=/usr/bin/bash ; export SHELL

in your script below just before it runs NightlyTest.pl? I'm not sure if
that will work or not.

Reid.