[LLVMdev] Type uint64_t required but not found

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:07:16 PDT 2004

Reid,

>Well, if it doesn't break anything else, I'd fix the header file. The
>standard type name is supposed to uint64_t not u_int64_t. I would just
>change the header file to define both of them, something like:
>
>typedef u_int64_t uint64_t;
>
>You could do that in /usr/include/types.h,

I've tried it and it doesn't break anything, but ...

>or we could add it to a
>header file in llvm/include/Config, ifdef'd for Interix.

I prefer the latter method, because other people should, hopefully, compile
it independently without any further knowledge of Interix intrinsics.

The best way could be:
1) configure tests wether it's running on the Interix platform (__INTERIX
set).
2) Add ifdef'd typedef u_int64_t uint64_t; in llvm/include/Config.h and
possible other required values/types for LLVM.

/Henrik