[LLVMdev] Linker problems with Visual Studio

Morten Ofstad morten at hue.no
Thu Oct 14 04:10:47 PDT 2004

> I suppose that we all in the LLVM development team is interested in your
> project files. I think, we should come up with a place in the source
> tree where they could live, until we are able to generate them ourselfs
> by some means.

So far I put everything in a llvm/win32 directory with subdirectories
for the different projects and their intermediate (object) files, and a
'tools' directory for bison and flex binaries. In my opinion it's not
ready to commit even a preliminary version, since it won't compile with
the sources which are in CVS. Once all required patches to the sources
have gone in, I think the project files should be put in the repository.
In the meantime, I will provide them (and a super-messy patchfile for
the sources) to anyone interested. So far only TableGen and fibonacci
(using the interpreter, not the x86 backend) are built.

I think it will prove difficult to generate these files, so they will
have to be maintained by someone and brought up to date for releases.
It's probably easier anyway, since the autoconf build system is hard to
port to windows - with the project files you can just specify how you
want the sources to be built with defines for the windows version
without requiring changes to the unix build system.

m.