[LLVMdev] creating Internal GlobalVaraibles

Patrick Meredith pmeredit at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 13 00:53:34 PDT 2004

Here is my code,  (GV is a GlobalVariable*):

GV = new GlobalVariable(AI->getType(), false, GlobalValue::InternalLinkage,
0, "temp_glob", &M);

I tell it to make it with internal linkage, but when I run the pass it makes
them external:

%temp_glob = external global [10 x int]*                ; <[10 x int]**>
[#uses=2]
%temp_glob = external global [10 x float]*              ; <[10 x float]**>
[#uses=2]

and of course I get the broken module error because they aren't external:
Global is external, but doesn't have external linkage!
[10 x int]** %temp_glob
Global is external, but doesn't have external linkage!
[10 x float]** %temp_glob

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?