[LLVMdev] GenRegisterInfo.h.inc

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Oct 12 08:18:39 PDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> Hi all,
> I cannot figure out why is named GenRegisterInfo.h.inc and not
> GenRegisterInfo.inc ...
> Is it for a dependency problem?

I'm not sure what you're saying here.  In the X86 backend, for example, we
generate both X86GenRegisterInfo.h.inc and X86GenRegisterInfo.inc.  The
former is #included into X86RegisterInfo.h and the latter is #included
into X86RegisterInfo.cpp.  Does this make sense?  They are both correct.

> Back again to compilation problems under win32 with VC
>
> llvm\lib\Analysis\DataStructure\Local.cpp(628) : error C2105: '--' needs
> l-value
>
> the line is:
>
>     Result.mergeWith(getValueDest(**--CS.arg_end()));
>
> Can I submit patches for mutate it in something like:
>     llvm::CallSite::arg_iterator ii = CS.arg_end();
>     --ii;
>     Result.mergeWith(getValueDest(**ii));
>
> There're several of this in Local.cpp, and this is the only file affected.

Yes, please submit a patch (you can send this one directly to me to avoid
the list traffic).  For this one, please #include "llvm/ADT/STLExtras.h"
and turn it into:

     Result.mergeWith(getValueDest(**prior(CS.arg_end())));

Thanks!

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/