[LLVMdev] problem with lli (llvm 1.3)

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:54:00 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 06:46:18PM -0400, Shukang Zhou wrote:
> Thanks Misha. I tried the "gcc -dM -E /tmp/file.c | grep __sparcv9"
> but there was no output. Maybe this is the probelm, I do have
>
> CXX = g++ -mcpu=v9
> CC := gcc -mcpu=v9
>
> in the Makefile.config. Do I need to add -m64 as well? Thanks.

Just run the test that I mentioned before:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Misha Brukman wrote:
> > % touch /tmp/file.c
> > % gcc -dM -E /tmp/file.c | grep __sparcv9
> >
> > If the output is similar to the below, you're fine:
> > #define __sparcv9 1

If the above command gives no output, then try again, specifying -m64.

The key is to get __sparcv9 #defined, because there is code in the
SparcV9 JIT that is conditionally compiled based on it.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu