[LLVMdev] help with llvm.

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 5 07:11:35 PDT 2004

>> I am interested in implementing a compiler very much like llvm but
>> with
>> very very modest goals. I just want to have a intermediate

Abhijit,

Although LLVM has a large code base, the LLVM IR is about as simple as
a compiler IR can get without becoming trivial.  And writing a useful
language front-end (say, C) is a lot of work, no matter how simple the
IR.   If you want a simpler overall system than LLVM, you're still
probably better off adopting the IR and LLVM core and the minimal
passes you want (as opposed to writing your own).

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/