[LLVMdev] problems with gcc 3.2.2-5

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:55:42 PST 2004

Steven M. Carr wrote:
> I am trying to install llvm with gcc 3.2.2-5 and I get a number of
> errors in stl include files. I have attached the mess of errors that I
> get. If you know of a stupid oversight that might cause this, let me know.
>
> Steve

Are you sure that you are linking to the correct C++ library on your
system?  These errors might be caused if the version of libstdc++.so
that matches your compiler isn't in /usr/lib (e.g. you installed GCC
3.2.2-5 in /usr/local).

In that case, you will need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable to contain the directory containing libstdc++.so.  You may also
need to modify Makefile.config so that LDFLAGS contains a -L option with
the directory containing the correct version of libstdc++.so.

That would be my first guess.

BTW, are you using LLVM 1.3 or the latest version from our CVS repository?

-- John T.

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *