[LLVMdev] LLVM for JIT only use

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Sun Nov 7 13:33:09 PST 2004

Dear All,

I downloaded the latest CVS of llvm

I want to try to use LLVM only for JIT only use (generating code in
memory for x86 and, when available PowerPC [32bits])

How do I ./configure to avoid being asked about llvmgcc, which, in my
very partial understanding, is only used to parse C code... If I
understand correctly what Chris Lattner emailed me, LLVM uses only GCC
frontend for C & C++ parsing. I don't want to parse C or C++.

I would just want to build the necessary libraries to compile and run
llvm/examples/HowToUseJIT/HowToUseJIT.cpp and other similar examples.

I want to use LLVM directly from its C++ API to build the "bytecode"
tree (actually the sequence or tree of LLVM instructions), so I really
don't need any C or C++ parser.

(FWIW, I did know and use GNU lightning)

Regards.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net