[LLVMdev] Re: LLVM Visual Studio Project files

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Thu Nov 4 20:34:08 PST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:38:26 -0600 (CST)
Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:

> > Also, the llvm.suo file should not be in the repository.  This has
> > per-user configuration settings for VS.  I'm surprised you even knew it
> > was there to be checked in, as it's a hidden file.  This file had
> > hard-coded paths to Morten's setup, and even had his breakpoints in it.
>
> Ok, nuked.
> http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20041101/020250.html

And not to be picky, but all the debug/release directories ought to be
nuked also.  No files will ever be checked in these directories, and cvs
won't even create them on checkout because they are empty.  VS will
happily create them when needed.

> > starting fibonacci(10) with JIT...
> > Result: 55
> > I assume this is correct.
>
> Yup, this is right!  Does this mean that you guys don't need the hack to
> pull in the X86 backend by force on Win32?

Morten will have to answer this one.

> -Chris

I'm attaching the build log from VS.  There are several dozen
compilation warnings that you may or may not want to fix.