[LLVMdev] questions about shared library ...

Yiping Fan fanyp at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Nov 2 20:51:02 PST 2004

During my project, it was very slow when I linked my program with the
static libraries vmcore, asmparser, and support.a.
Then I tried to compile these LLVM modules as shared libraries, by set
SHARED_LIBRARY = 1 for those makefiles. It did generate the *.so libraries.

However, when I linked with the shared libraries, it always complained that
...llvm/lib/Debug/libsupport.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
...llvm/lib/Debug/libsupport.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
...llvm/lib/Debug/libsupport.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'

Do you have any suggestion for this problem? Also, do you have any plan
to enhance your makefiles to provide developers the shared libraries?
Thanks.