[LLVMdev] Testing LLVM on OS X

Sébastien Pierre sebastien.pierre at adival.com
Mon May 3 02:27:02 PDT 2004

Chris Lattner wrote:

> The only thing that LLVM is missing on OS/X (besides a code generator)
>
>that I'm aware of is support for dynamic plugin loading (Brian would know
>more).  If you look in lib/Support/DynamicLinker.cpp, you'll see some
>stuff that is only defined for HAVE_DLOPEN.  It would be very handy to get
>support for OS/X, which doesn't have the dl* family of syscalls.

Hi Chris,

If I remember well, Panther (Mac OS X 10.3) has a dlopen (see
http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=660010615&fp=2&fpid=1).
Otherwise, it is provided by the "dlcompat" library
(http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/), which is very small.

So you can use the dlcompat headers for pre 10.3, and use dlopen for 10.3+.

Cheers,

 -- Sébastien