[LLVMdev] compiling LLVM from CVS under SuSE 9.1 (finished!)

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sat May 1 06:19:04 PDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, [koi8-r] "Valery A.Khamenya[koi8-r] "  wrote:

> > This is fixed in CVS.  You might consider upgrading to LLVM CVS,
> > especially if you are interested in looking at performance issues: several
> > important performance related patches have gone in since LLVM 1.2.
>
> OK, now i've really upgraded to CVS, but it looks like
> state of sources is "not compilable" :(
>
> indeed:
> ***************************
> Linking llc release executable
> /pool/tmp/ssrc/llvm/lib/Release/sparcv9.o(.text+0x2e343): In function `_GLOBAL__I__ZN4llvm16SparcV9SchedInfoC2ERKNS_13TargetMachineE':
> : undefined reference to `llvm::CPUResource::CPUResource[in-charge](std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
> [...]
> ***************************

Ugh, that's been fixed.  It looks like a partial checkin got in. :(

> Really, file ./include/llvm/Target/TargetSchedInfo.h has
> just declaration of constructor "CPUResource".
> I can't find with "find-grep" the constructor definition.
>
> so, i've changed:
>   CPUResource(const std::string& resourceName, int maxUsers)
> to:
>
>   CPUResource(const std::string& resourceName, int maxUsers)
>     : rname(resourceName), maxNumUsers(maxUsers) {};

That's fine.  :)  When/if you update your tree again, you'll get an
out-of-line definition in lib/Target/TargetSchedInfo.cpp, so you'll want
to remove the one in the header, but that definition should work.

> Another thing is:
> ********************
> [...]
> Flexing Lexer.l
> Lexer.l:31:27: StackerParser.h: No such file or directory
> Bisoning StackerParser.y
> [...]
> ********************
> which did not stop compilation though (probably sub-call make -k)

That's a spurious error caused by the dependency mechanism, and can be
ignored.

> And now, compilation is finished, wow!
> :)

Great! Welcome to the world of LLVM.  :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/