[LLVMdev] Compile Warnings?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Mar 7 21:22:14 PST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:

> I've just updated from CVS and am now getting some warnings while
> building LLVM:
>
> Linking z bytecode library
> WARNING: Type conflict between types named 'struct.z_stream_s'.
>     Src=' %struct.z_stream_s'.
>    Dest=' %struct.z_stream_s'

> Are these okay?  I remember Chris saying that "any warning during
> compilation was not acceptable" a while back.  Just wanted to check with
> you guys before I ignore these warnings.

These warnings are coming from zlib, which we now include in the runtime
libraries directory.  This is a real type-safety problem in libz, which we
should either fix in our imported source or eliminate libz from the
runtime directory.

I'll file a bug, but for now, you can safely ignore the warning.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/