[LLVMdev] Non-portable use time command in RunSafely.sh

Vladimir Merzliakov wanderer at rsu.ru
Sat Jun 26 08:34:01 PDT 2004

If you look at http://npt.cc.rsu.ru/testresults-X86-FreeBSD/index.html
then you see that all program test have '*' in run time columns.

I think problem in using plain 'time' command in RunSafely.sh

At FreeBSD 'time <program> <args>' call generate output in format "
0,00 real         0,00 user         0,00 sys"
for *.time files instead expected
"real %e
user %U
sys %S
"

And later failed at  '-grep "^real" Output/$*.out-nat.time >> $@' and same
command in makefiles.

I don't know default format 'time' output for Linux, but correct portable
'time -p' call already used in NightlyTest.pl without problems .
And then I think can be also safely used in RunSafely.sh.

Patch attached.