[LLVMdev] Using -noexternals option of NightlyTest.pl

Vladimir Merzliakov wanderer at rsu.ru
Thu Jun 24 14:11:04 PDT 2004

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Vladimir Merzliakov wrote:
>
> > At this moment I use
> > "gmake TEST=nightly" command line to run night tester
> >
> > What I must specific and where to disable SPEC run (i don't have it)
>
> I think that it's currently a bug that this does not automatically happen.
>
> > I known about new NightlyTest.pl option: -noexternals
> > But what I must do for enable it
>
> Are you using the NightlyTest.pl file?  To run the tester I don't use
> gmake directly at all.  Instead, I have this in my crontab:
>
> 5 3 * * *
LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH=/home/vadve/lattner/local/x86/llvm-gcc/bytecode-libs
$HOME/llvm/utils/NightlyTest.pl -parallel -enable-linscan
/home/vadve/shared/PublicCVS $HOME/buildtest-X86 $HOME/cvs/testresults-X86

> When run like this, you can use -noexternals as you wish.

For note: I am use suggested in
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/TestingGuide.html#run method:

"For example, you could run the nightly tester tests using the following
commands:
 % cd llvm/test/Programs
 % gmake TEST=nightly test
"Vladimir