[LLVMdev] Using -noexternals option of NightlyTest.pl

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jun 24 13:10:02 PDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Vladimir Merzliakov wrote:

> > Can you verify that you have an $HOME/pkg/build/llvm/night/build/llvm
> dir?
>
> After providing :pserver:anon at llvm-cvs.cs.uiuc.edu:2401/var/cvs/llvm at
> CVSROOT
> this problem disappear.
>
> But have personal problem:  I must have now 2 copy LLVM sources
> 1) to plain build llvm
> 2) to nighttester run
>
> Can I use llvm builded in nighttest/build directory to install plain
> llvm?

The nightly tester is designed to pull LLVM, build it, test it, then
delete it.  The idea is to check it out in as clean an environment as
possible.  I'm not sure if you will want to use it as your main dev tree,
though I suppose you could (there are -noremove and -nocheckout options).
I wouldn't recommend this though :)

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/