[LLVMdev] Using -noexternals option of NightlyTest.pl

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jun 24 12:47:01 PDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Vladimir Merzliakov wrote:
> > Are you using the NightlyTest.pl file?  To run the tester I don't use
> > gmake directly at all.  Instead, I have this in my crontab:
> >
> > 5 3 * * *
> LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH=/home/vadve/lattner/local/x86/llvm-gcc/bytecode-libs
> $HOME/llvm/utils/NightlyTest.pl -parallel -enable-linscan
> /home/vadve/shared/PublicCVS $HOME/buildtest-X86 $HOME/cvs/testresults-X86
> >
> > When run like this, you can use -noexternals as you wish.
> Thank you fo information.
>
> I will used this code for tester run.
>
> Bu i have problem - script:termnated with error:
>
> "Cannot change directory to: llvm source directory (llvm)  at
> /home/wanderer/pkg/build/llvm/src/llvm/utils/NightlyTest.pl line 131."
>
> Called at line 339: ChangeDir( "llvm" , "llvm source directory") ;
>
> My command-line:
> $HOME/pkg/build/llvm/src/llvm/utils/NightlyTest.pl -parallel -enable-linscan
>  -noexternals $HOME/pkg/build/llvm/src/llvm $HOME/pkg/build/llvm/night/build
> $HOME/pkg/build/llvm/night/testresults-X86-FreeBSD

Hrm, you probably have to tell it how to check out the LLVM tree. The
/home/vadve/shared/PublicCVS path is the internal path to the root of the
CVS repository.  I'm not sure if the tester script has the ability to
check out the tree over anon cvs yet.  Reid do you know?

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/