[LLVMdev] ToolRunner.cpp:396: error: `SHLIBEXT' undeclared (firstuse this function)

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 28 08:31:00 PDT 2004

Henrik Bach wrote:

> There is a ported libtool for Interix for download and installation.
>
> What's the procedure after installation of the ported libtool then?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> /Henrik

If you just want to use the libtool program installed for Interix, then
all you need to do is to change the LIBTOOL variable in Makefile.rules
to point to your locally installed libtool program.

If you want to add support in your llvm source tree to configure for
Interix, that would be a little more difficult.  I believe you would
want to use the libtoolize program to enable libtool support.  I think
you would do something like:

cd llvm/autoconf
libtoolize -c

That, in turn, should copy over some files, like ltmain.sh and maybe a
libtool.m4, into the autoconf directory.  Then, the libtool.m4 file
would need to be merged with acinclude.m4.  The libtoolize program
should be in your libtool distribution.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this; it's been awhile since I've
integrated libtool.

-- John T.

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *