[LLVMdev] When To cvs update ?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Sun Feb 8 16:22:02 PST 2004

Hi,

I've noticed lots and lots of CVS activity on LLVM in recent weeks. I
keep wanting to update and rebuild but I'm *scared* of it :) The LLVM
team seems to work around the clock so I've disabled my cron job to auto
check out and rebuild LLVM each night. It was failing because it checked
out a few times in the middle of logical groups of commits.

What's the general policy on commits between releases? Are commits
always supposed to at least compile? Should they pass all regression
tests?  How should I know when to "cvs update" my local tree? Is there a
preferred "quiet" time when its safe to update?

Reid.