[LLVMdev] getDirectoryContents and renameFile needs to be implemented in Win32/Path.cpp

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Dec 30 21:34:07 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 20:46, Jeff Cohen wrote:

> And now that I've done that I can't help but notice that Path.cpp is
> getting very Unix-centric in its interfaces, what with file permission
> bits and stuff.  This is going to cause problems if and when LLVM is
> ported to other operating systems, though I have to admit it's getting
> difficult to name viable operating systems it could get ported to that
> isn't some flavor of Unix.  But there are a few left...

Yeah, this is a known problem. I've been purposely holding off until all
the Path functionality was done. That's complete now so I'm starting to
think about making the interface less sucky. We're probably going to
model it after java.io.File which has a pretty clean interface. As for
the permission bits, this is just needed for llvm-ar whose file format
dictates that it have mode bits. There might be some opportunity for
cleaning that up as well. If you have any specific suggestions for
improving the Path interface, I'm all ears.

Also, thanks for completing the Win32 Path implementation.

Reid.