[LLVMdev] Could LLVM help me?

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Mon Dec 27 10:37:59 PST 2004

> You are the only one who response my problem. The others maybe don't
> understand my questions....:(

I'm also replying to the list. People are very nice and helpful! Plus, I
am on vacation! :)

> well....my questions are following.
> 1. I wrote a very simple backend, but I dont know how to tell the llvm
> compiler to use it.
>    I found something in "llc --help", it says that I can use
> -march=BACKEND. But it only
>    can use X86, sparcev9 and powerpc. The skeleton looks like for
> custom use, but I dnot
>    know how to use it??

You need to use -load or link it in statically to the llc executable. If
you have done this you should see your backend option with -help.

> 2.  I dont know how to generate the "machine code", which I mean is
> the code looks like "01001110101010100010....". All I got was the
> "assembly code", not machine code.

Usually you use a system assembler to do this. The other way to do it is
to implement the JIT code emitter interface.

> Above just a part of my questions, thx for your help!!!

You're welcome!

-Tanya