[LLVMdev] VC++: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No suchfile or directory

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Thu Dec 23 08:05:39 PST 2004

Yes, it should find windows.h with the default configuration.  But you
have to be suspicious of beta code that Microsoft gives out for free.
It might just be very buggy, or it might be deliberately crippled.
Considering the price tag on Visual Studio, it's one or the other (and
probably both).

Out of curiosity, did it accept the solution and project files as is, or
did it want to "upgrade" them?  If the latter, I cannot accept any
patches for those files because they would break VC++ 7.1 (which in turn
broke 7.0, which in turn broke 6.x).